During Muharram, people ask me “why Hussain? Why him? So you emphasize his death, but not the prophet.”
We do commemorate the death of the prophet but thats beside the point. It’s Hussain, it always was and always will be Hussain. It’s Karbala, it always has been and will be. Hussain is not merely a man, his death was not ordinary by any means nor was his suffering.
This man, who is much more than a man, whom we call “sayid al shuhada2” or master of all martyrs, is a state of mind, an ideology in himself. Don’t misunderstand me, he’s a human being, but wallahi he’s no ordinary human being, he’s the original revolutionary. Who was, or I should say who is Hussain? He is the grandson of the prophet, the son of Fatima and Ali, the brother of Hassan. I said is because it says in the Quran that a martyr is not dead, but but alive provided for by Allah. What say you about the master of martyrs? In addition to that, he lives in me, his shrine is in my heart and mind, on my tongue when I speak of him, in my actions when I weep for him and beat my chest for him, and even shed my blood for him. It’s still not enough.
I don’t want to tell you all of the story, I want you to go searching yourself, seeking knowledge into why we so highly regard this revolutionary, this man that sacrificed his life for his deen, the path of his grandfather, father, mother and brother; most importantly the path of Allah. Not just sacrificing himself, but everything he loved in this world.
That ram was actually never sacrificed for Ishmael by Abraham atop that mountain, it was released. “the greatest sacrifice” was Hussain.
I can, and will inshallah one day write a book about this man, and what a man, named Hussain Ibn Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as).
In the end, I can’t really describe him in words, because I know who he is in my heart and in my mind. Hussain can only be described as Hussain.
- boro-bemir likes this
- yagroz likes this
- hssnkml383 likes this
- boimbomi reblogged this from realfakescientist
- charlie-bennet reblogged this from thebeautyofislam
- charlie-bennet likes this
- sojustlove likes this
- antieverythingism likes this
- thekufismacker likes this
- lenggangkangkung likes this
- heartandsoulmrbrightside said: prophet?
- thesenseamongthecommon likes this
- shadowvariable reblogged this from thebeautyofislam and added:
- bowsies likes this
- braceletofnoor likes this
- ferum likes this
- realfakescientist likes this
- khushraheyaaratusadaa likes this
- thebeautyofislam reblogged this from realfakescientist and added:
- yaahlulbayt reblogged this from realfakescientist
- thatslegit likes this
- realfakescientist posted this